Saturday, August 20th, 2022
Poker Run General:
1. Ride for a Friend is a Poker Run. The objective of participants is to visit at up to 6 checkpoints, drawing a playing card at each one. The goal is to have the best poker hand at the end of the run. Having the best hand and winning is purely a matter of chance. The event has a time limit (11am-3pm), however the individual participants are not timed.
2. This is not a parade ride. Riders may complete the route at their own pace and in the sequence of their choice. Please view our interactive map to help decide what route you will take. There are 3 route ideas provided to get you started: The Short Run: 82km, 1hr ride; The Long Run: 179km, 2hr 14min ride; The Big Loop: 213km, 2hr 38min ride.
1. The action all starts at 11am.
2. Riders can register and begin their run at any of the 6 checkpoints any time after 10am
3. $20 per hand. Riders or passengers may purchase multiple hands.
4. Poker Run Play Card must be submitted by 2pm at Dee Dee's Diner
Playing your Hand:
1. You’ll draw 1 card at each of the check points. If you draw an identical card as one you are already scored for, the card will be void and you will draw again
2. Hands will be determined by the ‘Poker Run Score Card’ which you’ll receive at your first check point
3. You may purchase additional cards when submitting your Score Card to improve your hand. Prior to drawing your additional card you’ll have to forfeit one card from your existing hand. A maximum of 2 additional cards may be purchased for $5 each.
1. French River Rest Stop @ French River Hwy 69 crossing
2. *Dee Dee's Diner @ 828 Hwy 64, Alban
3. Monetville Tavern and Lodge @ 53 Shanty Bay, Monetville
4. Lake Nipissing Narrows @ North of Monetville Hwy 64
5. The Lavigne Tavern, @ Lavigne on Hwy 64
6. Main Street & Queen, Sturgeon Falls
*Final destination and hand submission point is Dee Dee's Diner in Alban.
View the Interactive Map
1. 50/50 draw
2. Field games
Stay with us all night for food, liquid refreshments, our signature boat fire, and live music. Please drink responsibly and better yet - set up your tent and spend the night.
Join us at Dee Dee's Diner, where you can sent up your tents for FREE. Porta-John's are on site. Please see event staff for tenting locations.