Saturday, August 20th, 2016
1. Run starts at 11am.
2. Riders can register and begin their run at any of the 6 checkpoints.
3. This is not a parade ride. Riders may complete the route at their own pace and in the sequence of their choice.
4. There will be 2 Road Captains located at the Beausejour prepared to lead riders who would like to ride in a group or don't know their way around the area. Departure at 11:30am. See event staff for details.
5. Riders must reach 5 of the 6 checkpoints to complete their hand(s), or go to all 6 for a bonus card to improve your hand!
6. $20 per hand. Riders or passengers may purchase multiple hands.
7. Poker Run Play Card must be submitted by 3pm at the Beausejour.
1. French River Rest Stop @ French River Hwy 69 crossing
2. *Beausejour Inn & Restaurant @ 1527 Hwy 64, Alban
3. Monetville Tavern and Lodge @ 53 Shanty Bay, Monetville
4. Lake Nipissing Narrows @ North of Monetville Hwy 64
5. The Lavigne Tavern, @ Lavigne on Hwy 64
6. Jean Guy Rubber Boots Tavern @ 201 Main Street, Sturgeon Falls
*Final destination and hand submission point is Beausejour in Alban.
View the Interactive Map
Poker Run Format:
1. You’ll draw a card at each of the check points
2. Hands will be determined by the ‘Poker Run Score Card’ which you’ll receive at your first check point
3. You may purchase additional cards when submitting your Score Card. A maximum of 2 additional cards may be purchased @ $5 each. Prior to drawing your card you’ll have to forfeit one card from your existing hand.
More chances to win:
1. We’ll be holding a 50/50 draw
2. Door prizes. Keep your ticket stubs!
1. Join us at the Beausejour where you can sent up your tents for FREE. Porta-John's are on site. Please see event staff for tenting locations.
1. The fun doesn't stop after the ride or the prize giveaways. Stay with us all night for food, liquid refreshments, our signature boat fire, and live music. Please drink responsibly and better yet - set up your tent and spend the night.
Welcome to the Fourth Annual Ride for a Friend. The Ride for a Friend organizing committee is proud to bring you the 4th Annual Hwy64 Charity Poker Run on August 20th, 2016.
This is a game, not a race, played out on the highways of Northeastern Ontario to raise money for local charity. This year’s recipient is young Sudbury resident, fourteen year old Christina Campbell. Charity Poker Run to you on August 20th, 2016. We intend to make the Ride for a Friend Annual Charity Poker Run the premier Poker Run event in Northern Ontario.
The event will begin with registrations taking place at any of our Six "Checkpoints". Then you’re off to enjoy a scenic ride through the French River and West Nipissing areas along beautiful HWY 64. The run will conclude at the Beausejour Inn & Restaurant where participants will be entertained with live music.
All makes and models of motorcycles and classic cars and cruisers are welcome to participate. Money will be raised for Christina and her family through registration fees and pledges collected by participants.
September 15th, 2015... it was a beautiful day. Not just because it was +20 degrees and sunny in the middle of September. On this day we were once again fortunate enough to come together and present a cheque for $10,000 to a very deserving local family. If you don't already know about Olivia Poitras, please read more about her here on the site. Big thanks to Sudbury's Best Rock Station Q92 for their sponsorship.