Saturday, August 19th, 2017
Poker Run General:
1. Ride for a Friend is a Poker Run. The objective of participants is to visit at up to 6 checkpoints, drawing a playing card at each one. The goal is to have the best poker hand at the end of the run. Having the best hand and winning is purely a matter of chance. The event has a time limit (11am-3pm), however the individual participants are not timed.
2. This is not a parade ride. Riders may complete the route at their own pace and in the sequence of their choice. Please view our interactive map to help decide what route you will take. There are 3 route ideas provided to get you started: The Short Run: 82km, 1hr ride; The Long Run: 179km, 2hr 14min ride; The Big Loop: 213km, 2hr 38min ride.
1. The action all starts at 11am.
2. Riders can register and begin their run at any of the 6 checkpoints any time after 11am
3. There will be a Road Captain located at Jean Guy Rubber Boots in Sturgeon Falls, to lead riders who would like to ride in a group or don't know their way around the area. Departure at 11:30am. See event staff for details.
4. $20 per hand. Riders or passengers may purchase multiple hands.
5. Poker Run Play Card must be submitted by 3pm at the Beausejour.
Playing your Hand:
1. You’ll draw 1 card at each of the check points. If you draw an identical card as one you are already scored for, the card will be void and you will draw again
2. Hands will be determined by the ‘Poker Run Score Card’ which you’ll receive at your first check point
3. You may purchase additional cards when submitting your Score Card to improve your hand. Prior to drawing your additional card you’ll have to forfeit one card from your existing hand. A maximum of 2 additional cards may be purchased for $5 each.
1. French River Rest Stop @ French River Hwy 69 crossing
2. *Beausejour Inn & Restaurant @ 1527 Hwy 64, Alban
3. Monetville Tavern and Lodge @ 53 Shanty Bay, Monetville
4. Lake Nipissing Narrows @ North of Monetville Hwy 64
5. The Lavigne Tavern, @ Lavigne on Hwy 64
6. Jean Guy Rubber Boots Tavern @ 201 Main Street, Sturgeon Falls
*Final destination and hand submission point is Beausejour in Alban.
View the Interactive Map
1. We’ll be holding a 50/50 draw
2. Door prizes. Keep your ticket stubs!
1. Local up and comers, CDK will be playing live at the Beausejour between 2pm and 4pm.
2. The fun doesn't stop after the ride or the prize giveaways. Please join us for The Suicide Drifters, an amazing Olunkabilly band, who will be playing music inspired by the 50's and 60's rock and roll with a punk attitude at 9pm
3. Stay with us all night for food, liquid refreshments, our signature boat fire, and live music. Please drink responsibly and better yet - set up your tent and spend the night.
1. Join us at the Beausejour where you can sent up your tents for FREE. Porta-John's are on site. Please see event staff for tenting locations.
Welcome to the FifthAnnual Ride for a Friend. The Ride for a Friend organizing committee is proud to bring you the 5th Annual Hwy64 Charity Poker Run on August 19th, 2017.
This is a game, not a race, played out on the highways of Northeastern Ontario to raise money for local charity. We intend to make the Ride for a Friend Annual Charity Poker Run the premier Poker Run event in Northern Ontario.This year’s recipient is young Noëlville resident, four year old Charlie Lynn Fowler.
The event will begin with registrations taking place at any of our Six "Checkpoints". Then you’re off to enjoy a scenic ride through the French River and West Nipissing areas along beautiful HWY 64. The run will conclude at the Beausejour Inn & Restaurant where participants will be entertained with live music.
All makes and models of motorcycles and classic cars and cruisers are welcome to participate. Money will be raised for Charlie and her family through registration fees and pledges collected by participants.