Saturday, August 21st, 2021
Poker Run General:
1. Ride for a Friend is a Poker Run. The objective of participants is to visit at up to 6 checkpoints, drawing a playing card at each one. The goal is to have the best poker hand at the end of the run. Having the best hand and winning is purely a matter of chance. The event has a time limit (11am-3pm), however the individual participants are not timed.
2. This is not a parade ride. Riders may complete the route at their own pace and in the sequence of their choice. Please view our interactive map to help decide what route you will take. There are 3 route ideas provided to get you started: The Short Run: 82km, 1hr ride; The Long Run: 179km, 2hr 14min ride; The Big Loop: 213km, 2hr 38min ride.
1. The action all starts at 11am.
2. Riders can register and begin their run at any of the 6 checkpoints any time after 11am
3. $20 per hand. Riders or passengers may purchase multiple hands.
4. Poker Run Play Card must be submitted by 3pm at the Beausejour.
Playing your Hand:
1. You’ll draw 1 card at each of the check points. If you draw an identical card as one you are already scored for, the card will be void and you will draw again
2. Hands will be determined by the ‘Poker Run Score Card’ which you’ll receive at your first check point
3. You may purchase additional cards when submitting your Score Card to improve your hand. Prior to drawing your additional card you’ll have to forfeit one card from your existing hand. A maximum of 2 additional cards may be purchased for $5 each.
1. French River Rest Stop @ French River Hwy 69 crossing
2. *Beausejour Inn & Restaurant @ 1527 Hwy 64, Alban
3. Monetville Tavern and Lodge @ 53 Shanty Bay, Monetville
4. Lake Nipissing Narrows @ North of Monetville Hwy 64
5. The Lavigne Tavern, @ Lavigne on Hwy 64
6. Main Street & Queen, Sturgeon Falls
*Final destination and hand submission point is Beausejour in Alban.
View the Interactive Map
1. 50/50 draw
2. Field games
1. These year's musical performers include Satan's Sugar Band and Willie Johnston
2. Stay with us all night for food, liquid refreshments, our signature boat fire, and live music. Please drink responsibly and better yet - set up your tent and spend the night.
1. Join us at the Beausejour where you can sent up your tents for FREE. Porta-John's are on site. Please see event staff for tenting locations.
The Boozefighters MC Nickel City Chapter is proud to announce that we're back for 2021! With recent announcements of the Reopening Ontario plan, we feel that we'll be able to safely put the ride on while following restrictions and public health measures.
We do hope you'll join us for a great day of riding in support of young Ky and her father Richard. The event will begin with registrations taking place at any of our Six "Checkpoints". Then you’re off to enjoy a scenic ride through the French River and West Nipissing areas along beautiful HWY 64. The run will conclude at the Beausejour Inn & Restaurant where participants will be entertained with live music.
All makes and models of motorcycles, and all riders are welcome. In fact we don't care what you show up on as long as you've come with a positive attitude in support of Ky!
The Ride for a Friend organizers and volunteers are actively looking for sponsors for our 8th Annual Charity Poker Run.
We are soliciting donations from local resident and area businesses for rider prizes as well as donations in the form of cash or service directly to the family. We would be delighted if you would consider making a donation to this worthy cause. All donor businesses will receive recognition at the event, on our website, our Facebook page and possibly in local media as we promote the event.
Your donations will be used for the sole benefit of the Ride for a Friend charitable recipient. However, our goal extends also to provide a fun-filled afternoon, camaraderie and enjoyment for participants all while stimulating a healthy economic impact for the region.